My Curriculum Vitae(Resume)
Download Certificates of Achievements (1) ppt file
Download Certificates of Achievements (2) ppt file
A strong IT professional whose skills lie within a customer support focused environment. A previous award winner of the Andrews Sales Support Person of the Year and a proven history of consistently delivering high standards of service support and efficient troubleshooting. My focus going forward is to seek a similar role in a customer service environment that not only compliments my current skillset but also offers opportunity for growth and personal development.
- Aug 1985 – May 1987: Soundwell Technical College City and Guilds – Computer Technology and Communication Studies
- Sep 1980 – May 1985: St Mary Redcliffe and Temple School – 6 subjects at CSE grade
- Dec 2011 – Jan 2012: Apple – Mac Integration 10.7, Mac Integration Basics – Pass (exam)
- Nov 2009 – Nov 2009: STI – Service Desk Professional – Pass
- Feb 2007– Feb 2007: Microsoft – Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (Course)
- Jun 2005 – Jun 2005: Veritas: Veritas Backup Exec 10 for Windows. (course)
- May 2005 – May 2005: Microsoft – 70/272 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Windows XP Operating System MCDST
- May 2003– May 2003: Microsoft – 70/271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Windows XP Operating System MCP
- Excellent customer focus based on a tenacious, empathic and patient approach
- MacOSX Snow Leopard, Lion OSX and Lion Server proficient.
- Windows Server
- Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Windows 7 and Windows 8
Aug 2008 – Present: University of Bristol, Bristol
Role: IT Support Officer
- Answering & logging phone queries via Topdesk, triaging/fixing calls and escalating as appropriate.
- Student/staff IT hardware support and general hardware (24hr computer room)
- Service Desk Monitoring utilising Topdesk and call resolution.
- Mailbox monitoring for service updates and other important information
- Chasing of outstanding tickets and escalating complaints or service issues
- Updating of Service Desk wiki
- Attending Service Desk meetings
- Providing students with Hardware/Software advice for their studies
- Point of Contact for new staff queries
July 2001 – July 2008: Andrews and Partners, Bristol
Role: IT Field Technician
- 1st and 2nd Line Support for over 700 internal IT Customers across 74 sites running on Microsoft XP and Windows 2003 servers.
- Detailed fault finding support utilizing Helpdesk software (Hornbill SupportWorks)
- Backup Exec with continuous protection operative
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of Symantec Backup Exec including tape cataloguing and operational reporting
- Managed deployment of both Trend Antivirus and Symantec Antivirus
- Customer Field Technician providing hardware repair/replacement and software fixes
Jan 1996 – July 2001: Royal Naval Airstation, Yeovilton
Role: IT HelpDesk Technician
- 1st and 2nd Line Support for Civilian and Naval personnel using Windows NT server and NT workstations
- Responsible for backup success
- Resolving customer problems within a small timescale of 30 minutes
- MOD Security Cleared (1997-2001)
July 1995 – Dec 1995: DHSS, Bristol
Role: HelpDesk Technician
- Monitoring and maintaining of thin client terminals, telephones and system security
Feb 1991 – Mar 1995: Visual World, Bristol
Role: Apple Technical Specialist
- Customer support role incorporating troubleshooting and ‘Fix and Repair’ for existing customers.
Aug 1987 – Jan 1991: MFI, Bristol
Role: Computer Aided Designer
- In store CAD customer support and consultation of Kitchens, Bedrooms and Bathrooms.
Tenacity / 20 years experience
Patience / 14 years experience
Windows 8 / 1 years experience
Windows 7 / 2 years experience
Windows XP / 13 years experience
Mac OSX / 10 years experience